Tuesday 19 January 2016

Remembering a legend - Lt Gen JFR Jacob...

(General Jacob's letter to all the Indian youth).

"To all my sons & daughters,
I am 93 now, a retired Army Lieutenant General, perhaps, still wearing the old world on my sleeves, on the last legs of life. I never married, I have no family. With me, the last trace of my bloodline will forever be washed away from the face of India & this earth. I have no son or daughter. But when I think of it, I see my son & daughter in every young face of this country. You are all my sons & daughters. And hence this letter, I write to you. While I am proud to be a Jew, I am an Indian through & through. And I ask you all, to make India our prime Identity.
Army life has taught me the importance of duty. Stand tall, resolve to serve the nation & never waver. Our duty is to serve. You need to do what you feel is right & strive & seek & find & conquer. This is the only way to be true to your own self.
What worries me most is the swarming poor of our nation. The privileged youth of India should take ownership of the situation. I talk to the young of this nation. You are far better trained & far more professional than my generation. Sound economic & strategic planning will bring about the required change. Usher in your nation.
Sons, respect women. I don’t understand how crime against women can happen. I have no answers to them. I can only appeal to those willing to lend an ear.
Image result for images J F R JacobI finished now. But you are only beginning. Begin with a difference. If I had married, I would have wanted my son or daughter to be an Army man! Army life is clean, disciplined & has purpose. Think about this career option, too, but also bear in mind, Army life is not just song, dance & a glass of scotch. Let me tell you, my favourite drink is water!
Over & Out!
Gen Jacob"

RIP...great brave son of India...You haven't 'died' - only 'faded' away...

No comments:

Post a Comment