Wednesday 1 June 2016

Today

*SOME DAY & ONE DAY*

_A friend of mine opened his wife's wardrobe and picked up a silk paper wrapped package._

_"This," he said, "isn't any ordinary package."_

_He unwrapped the box and stared at both the silk paper and the box and silk satin dresses inside._

_"She got this the first time we went to New York , 8 or 9 years ago. She has never put it on , was saving it for a special occasion. Well, I guess this is it."_

_He got near the bed and placed the gift box next to the other clothing he was taking to the funeral house, his wife had just died._

_He turned to me and said, "never save something for a 'special occasion'. Every day in your life is a *'Special occasion'"*_

_I still think those words changed my life._

_Now I read more and clean less._

_I sit on the porch without worrying about anything._

_I spend more time with my family, and less at work._

*_I understood that life should be a source of experience to be lived up to, not survived through._*

_I no longer keep anything._

_I use crystal glasses every day._

_I'll wear new clothes to go to the supermarket, if I feel like it._

*_I don't save my special perfume for special occasions, I use it whenever I want to._*

_The words *'Someday....' and ' One Day...'*are fading away from my dictionary._

_If it's worth seeing, listening or doing, I want to see, listen or do it now._

_I don't know what my friend's wife would have done if she knew she wouldn't be there the next morning, this nobody can tell._

_*Each day, each hour, each minute, is special.*_

_Live for today, for tomorrow is promised to no-one._

No comments:

Post a Comment